Miami Wrongful Death Attorney
The sudden, unexpected loss of a loved one is a terrible emotional blow. Almost always it causes a financial hardship as well, whether the loss was that of the family’s primary wage earner, the manager of the household, or simply a beloved family member whose death throws your life into chaos and turmoil. While no amount of money can make up for the loss of a loved one, justice demands that negligent actors be held accountable for the harm they have caused, while also ensuring that you are not forced to bear the costs and expenses which their negligence has thrust upon you. In cases of wrongful death in Miami, attorney Michael Goldfarb provides high-quality, professional legal assistance to obtain a significant recovery for the benefit of bereaved family members.
A thorough understanding of Florida wrongful death law
Florida’s wrongful death statute authorizes the personal representative of the estate to bring a lawsuit for death caused by a wrongful act or negligence that would have been the basis for a personal injury claim, had the injury not proved fatal. Surviving family members can join in the lawsuit and benefit from any recovery that is made. These family members include:
- The spouse
- Siblings and other blood relatives who depended on the deceased for support in some fashion
Florida wrongful death law allows for a wide range of recoverable legal damages, including:
- The cost of final medical expenses
- Expenses for funeral and burial
- The loss of earnings of the deceased for the period of time between injury and death
- The loss of net accumulated earnings that could have been reasonably expected
- The loss of support and services to the family
- the loss to a spouse of companionship and protection
- The loss to a child of a parent’s companionship, guidance and instruction
- The mental pain and suffering endured by a spouse, child or parent of the deceased
Sophisticated representation in Miami wrongful death cases
Without the availability of the accident victim to testify regarding the accident, wrongful death cases can be harder to prove than other personal injury cases. Attorney Michael Goldfarb recognizes the need for expert accident investigation, reconstruction and other techniques to determine fault, prove negligence and causation, and build a strong case for the full amount of damages owed. As a trial attorney, Michael Goldfarb prepares every case for trial from the outset but is always ready to settle for an appropriate amount, to help family members move on with their lives with the help they need as quickly as possible.
Help is Available after Wrongful Death in Miami
If you have lost a loved one due to another’s negligence or wrongful conduct, call Goldfarb Law at 305-433-3200 for a no-cost, confidential consultation with a dedicated and professional Miami personal injury and wrongful death attorney.